Now comes the fun part – how are you going to finish your ends – there are lots of options!
1. Bead finding – check your bead store or bead section of the craft store. Push the bead finding out flat to fit the ball. Julie Stilwell, our SAGANews editor used that method to finish her ornament.
2. Buttons, tatting, or lace.
3. Loops of ribbon. Barbara Meger used loops of ribbon and beads!
4. Fabric yoyo. This is an ornament done by member Tayna Richmond.
5. Spider web rose – Here is my ornament with this treatment. Nellie Durand wrote an article for the Smocking Arts Newsletter in the fall of 1982 explaining how she happened on this solution. I have uploaded it to the SAGA website on our home page if you would like to read it.
Congratulations! You finished! Take a picture to share with us, and then go hang your ornament on the tree!