Sunday, September 27, 2009

I’m in Indy!

I arrived in Indianapolis safely with both of my flights leaving and arriving on time. My luggage made it here intact too, so I was happy. The Indianapolis airport is very new and easy to navigate. I found baggage claim with no problems and then went to area at the bottom of the central escalator in baggage claim where the SAGA driver from Above and Beyond Limo service stood with my name on a board. I think the board will just say SAGA from tomorrow onwards. We walked through to the Ground Transportation area and got into his white van. The journey to the hotel took about 30 minutes, but it was a Sunday afternoon, so a weekday may take a little longer, although it is highway all the way until you come off for the hotel. The hotel has two towers, one regular rooms, the other suites. I have a suite and it is very comfortable and quite large. Everything is clean and I think my roommates will be happy when they arrive tomorrow afternoon.

I visited the mall attached to the hotel via a walkway on the second floor. It is quite large and boosts a Cheesecake factory really close to the escalators near the hotel entrance, as well as other eateries. As I wandered around I spotted a smocked lampshade in the window of Pottery Barn Kids and a smocked dress in the window of Janie and Jack. Do you think they know we are in town? I also found a cheese shop with a great supply of fresh cheeses from Europe and the US. It also sells wines, but these could not be purchased on Sundays (shame).

While you are in Indy, if you have time the Children's Museum has an exhibit on with relics from the tomb of King Tutankhamun. I think it would be worth the trip if you have time (Friday once you have been to market might work). The museum has free parking. The museum can be found at 3000 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46208-4716 · 317-334-3322

Special Exhibit Hours for Tutankhamun: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs
Now–October 25, 2009
Friday–Saturday: 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Sunday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m. (open on Mondays for School Groups only)
Final two weeks of the exhibit: (daily) 10 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
First and Third Thursday of each month: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.

I look forward to seeing some of you soon and those I don't see here, I hope you enjoy visiting Convention via the Blog. Feel free to leave comments and let me know if you want me to mention anything in particular. I will try my best to accommodate you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment