Saturday, August 26, 2017

An Essential Sewing Tool

So, what tool is the most essential for sewing?

A needle of course!

Do you think of your needle as a sewing tool? If not then you should, as without it there wouldn't be much sewing done! Whether it is a hand or machine needle, both work very hard to help you create your heirloom garments and projects.

So for this blog, I thought I would share some of the vintage needle packets I have acquired through the years. They are so much more interesting than the packets you buy theses days.

                                                 The packets had nice artwork on them.

 Unwrapping the packet was like opening a present- You never know what you will find!


                                                              Love the artwork!

                                       You could save the wrappers to get a free needlecase!

                                          The wrapper was full of information to read!

 Some of the information was on how the needles had been carefully made to make sure it didn't cut your threads!
         Some of the information was advertising for the company's other product-thread.
And may of these vintage needles are still usable today as they have not rusted over the years!


2 comments:

  1. I do love this post! How I wish needle companies took the time and effort to woo us ladies like they did back in those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some of these in my grandmother's and mother-in-laws things. I sure wish we could buy them these days.

    ReplyDelete