Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Inspired by SAGA Stitch Along

Did you (are you) participating in the SAGA Silk Ribbon Embroidery Tissue Cover Stitch Along?

I mentioned it on the Blog on March 15.

Well, I completed mine . It was a nice quick and easy project and makes a great gift. In fact mine is on it's way to a friend in England as I write this!


Anyway, working on the silk ribbon embroidery reminded me that I had another SRE project that had been sitting waiting to be worked on for a wee while (well, maybe more than a wee while!).  So inspired by the quick completion of the embroidery on the tissue holder and with no other handwork ready to work on, I pulled the project from my sewing bag.

I had put off working on it because I wanted to change some of the designs on the panels of the piece. I thought I was going to do a different design in each of eight panels and that was stopping me from beginning stitching. Yes, a case of over thinking and trying to be different when it really wasn't necessary.

I went instead with three designs and started working on them and the SRE was done within the week. An afternoon spent on the sewing machine and an evening completing the hand work and it is nearly complete!




Can you guess what it is?

Come back soon to see the finished project! ( I just have a little more finishing work to do!).

No comments:

Post a Comment