Monday, March 26, 2018

I finished it!

Remember when I started my quilt squares?




Three years ago I took two classes at the SAGA Retreat in Las Vegas with Brenda Shade to learn how to make her Paper Doll Quilt Squares. The classes were two weeks after I fractured my right wrist, so I went with my red cast thinking I would not be able to stitch (yes, I am right handed) but at least I could listen! Well the first dress had five rows of cable smocking and I decided to try and do that. Well it took all day to do those five rows, but I did it! Of course I could not do anything else as
any fine hand sewing was out of the question, but that smocking was great therapy.



Once my cast was off and I could stitch again, I completed the two squares and went on to make 10 more. I love doing these little dresses! They are all done by hand and once you have cut the pieces out the project is very portable. I could have made many more of these, but decided to stop at 12  for my quilt.










And stop I did. Once the square were done they sat there and sat there. What was I waiting for? I was trying to think how I would join them together and I over thought it. I thought I would embroider the sashing pieces. Then I thought I would add shaped lace. Then I went back to the embroidery idea. And so the procrastination went on!
But no more! I decided a few weeks ago simple is best and just got on and completed the quilt. So here it is.

It just needs a label for the back. Now what do I write on my label..............?

2 comments:

  1. How very cute!! What a good feeling to complete a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeannie. It is good to have this one finished. I am so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete