Thursday, September 21, 2017

What I've been working on

A good friend of mine's daughter is getting married later this year and I wanted to make her a personal gift from me to her, so I have made a small sewing hussif. I have made several of this type of hussif, the first for myself to match my sewing reticule (a class with the late Beverley Sheldrick).

My sewing reticule

My sewing hussif


I made another for a friend's daughter who married a few years ago as a gift. It was something useful (there's always a button needs sewing on even if you don't sew for a hobby) and it had a connection as to how I came to know the bride-I met her mother through sewing and SAGA.


I added items that might be useful-safety pins; snaps;needles

So my latest hussif was for that same reason- I met the brides mother via sewing and SAGA.


This one is waiting to be filled with useful items!
The scissors and needle threaders.
I have also made a couple more, which I gave as Christmas gifts to the mothers of the girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment