Monday, January 11, 2016

Vintage Pleat Maker

Another item I 'found' again when putting the sewing table drawer back to rights was this vintage pleat maker.


It cost 69 cents and makes pleats from 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches. It is in the original packaging and unused. The back gives you directions on using the tool. I plan on trying it out sometime.
  
 

What makes it more interesting to me is that is called the Clinton Pleat Maker and was made by the Oakville Company in Connecticut- the state I call home. Connecticut used to have a huge manufacturing industry and made many household items from small pieces such as this pleat maker to tyres and factory machinery. It is sad to see how it has all disappeared and I often see the empty, old factory buildings and wonder what was made there not that long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment