Sunday, August 25, 2019

My Plaid Smock Along Progress

Did you sign up for the SAGA Members Only Plaid Smock Along? I know I did as this is a great opportunity to learn a smocking variation and gain Artisan points from the comfort of home!

The three of the four lessons have been emailed to me (but can also be found on the SAGA website, www.smocking.org if you are signed in as a member) and I have printed them off and been working one them.

So far I have completed lessons one and two and am working on lesson three.

I started lesson one and thought how easy could this be? It is just trellis and the odd cable. I followed the directions/graph and ended up being off on nearly every colour pass! So I took all of my work out and started again, this time doing what the hints actually said to do, carefully checked my work and placement as I went along. Success! Lesson one complete and looking good.





                                                 


Lesson two was the same idea- trellis and the odd cable, but armed with the knowledge that I need to check my placement and often, I completed the lesson without having to un-do any of it. Loved this look!



Lesson three is taking shape and will be completed shortly.

Looking forward to lesson four!


Thank you to Evelyn Phillip who gave the rights to the lessons to SAGA and to Kate Westlake for her edits and leading the Smock Along.

I hope to see lots of your plaid smocking on the SAGA Smock Along Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment