Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My Brimfield Find

My day out at Brimfield was great fun. It was hot and humid, but then it is July in New England! Lisa and I arrived early as we knew that rain was due early afternoon and there is nothing worse than walking around the fields in the rain-think mud, mud and more mud!!

The first field that we walked around was the one we parked behind and it was a mix of good quality antiques, collector items, junk and ethnic crafts- basically a mix of everything you find in all the fields. We wandered in and out of the tented booths, neither one of us with anything special we were looking for, but obviously our attention was caught if we spotted sewing items or vintage linens or clothing!

My only (!) purchase was this box. It was actually Lisa that spotted it and knowing I have a Singer Featherweight, pointed it out to me.





I looked into the box and saw the contents and then asked the booth owner the price. The price was right ($5) so I bought it. I wasn't sure if I had any of the attachments it contained, but at that price I didn't want to loose the chance of adding them to my collection.

Binder foot with guide

Ruffler

Adjustable Hemmer

Edge Stitcher
Gathering Foot

Lisa and I walked another field before we decided to leave and avoid the rain that was imminent.
Two new packs of needles
(It turns out that I do have all of these feet with my Featherweight, so I will be looking to sell them, but I will be keeping the needles!)

What else did we see? I will save that for another blog soon!



2 comments:

  1. I wondered what you might come home with. You were lucky with all those feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you got a steal for $5 because those feet are expensive. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete