Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Vintage Finds

I wasn't going to add anything to my collection of vintage linens. I really wasn't. I was going to look at pieces but they were going to be staying wherever they were. Really, how many hand towels or hankies or napkins do I need?

Ask me how long that resolution lasted!

On a recent visit to Vermont I found this beautiful towel, and at the price it was($9), I really couldn't leave it in the dusty corner of the antique dealers booth!

 

Then at another multi dealer shop I found this New Mexico hankie and the cards of buttons. The hankie was laid on a piece of mounting board and enclosed in cling wrap. That whole packaging must have cost more than the $3 I paid for the hankie. The buttons set me back a $1 a package.




Oh well, maybe next time I will be stronger.... May be!




2 comments:

  1. I love the antique towel. I think it is always good to rescue fine linens and give them a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jeannie, besides, I can't resist beautiful vintage linens. You made some great purchases.

    ReplyDelete